Friday, March 16, 2007

My Friends

Having read some blogs for several years, I feel I know the people I introduced to you tonight. I hope that you will spend a few minutes and get to know them. They offer views of the world that are beyond my experience and abilities.

The Internet brings immediacy, intimacy and transparency that we simply do not get with Established Media. Happily, some are changing and opening their editorial pages, staff, journalists, reporters and columnists to the presence of the Blog-O-Sphere. (Its my peccadillo; I like that spelling)

We all get to know each other in a limited but intimate and immediate way thru this medium. Some lose perspective and over share. This results in the famous TMI Overload. Others can exchange emails, blog postings and messages for years and never reveal anything personal about themselves.

I prefer to introduce my friends, offer some comments and invite yours in return. Anything worth doing is worth doing well. This usually means slowly, deliberately and cautiously. If you feel at home, add a note. If you've got something I should see, please add a comment.

1 comment:

Gail said...

You're a natural born blogger, Andy, and a very welcome addition to the blog-O-sphere.